- Never dig without knowing the location of your septic tank care system.
- Don’t drive over your septic tank unless it’s equipped with a special traffic lid.
- Never dump your RV waste into your septic tank.
- Avoid using special additives touted to enhance your septic system performance, as they can cause major damage to your drain field.
- Never flush dangerous and damaging substances in to your wastewater.
- Don’t connect rain gutters or storm drains to your septic system.
- Under no circumstances, ever enter your septic tank. Any pumping and repair work should be done from the outside and only by a professional. Gases within the tank can deplete oxygen levels and be fatal.
Positive Practices You Can Follow to Keep Your Septic System Running Smoothly
- Keep your tank access lid secure to the riser at all times.
- Schedule regular septic system monitoring and maintenance by a professional.
- Keep a file of your septic service provider’s sludge and scum monitoring report & pump-out schedule.
- Keep an ‘As-Built’ septic system diagram in a safe place for reference.
- Collect cooking grease in a container and dispose of in the trash, not in the sink.
- Avoid excessive garbage disposal use, as food by-products accelerate the need for pumping and maintenance.
- Conserve water and keep lint out of your wastewater system by cleaning your washer filter after each load.
- Contact Woodinville Septic Service today!
Septic Tank Care If You’re Planting a Garden
- Don’t plant a vegetable garden on or near the drain field or reserve area
- Plants over the septic system may be disturbed or destroyed with service or septic system installation
- Don’t put plastic sheets, bark, gravel or other fill over the drain field or reserve area
- Don’t reshape or fill the ground surface over the drain field and reserve area (just adding topsoil is generally OK as long as it doesn’t exceed a couple of inches over the drain field area)
- Grass or the existing native vegetation are the best covers for your drain field and reserve area
- Direct all surface drainage areas away from the septic system
- Use shallow-rooted plants
- Avoid water-loving plants and trees
- Don’t make ponds on or near the septic system and the reserve area
Outstanding Septic Tank Care Services in Bellevue & Redmond
Serving Woodinville, Redmond, Kirkland, Bothell, Mountlake Terrace, Bellevue, Sammamish,
Duvall, Issaquah, & Snoqualmie